Get ready to enjoy a SMASH BURGERS that will make your day extra special!
When it comes to burgers, I can’t resist a good one! With smash burgers, you can quickly prepare a delicious meal that satisfies your cravings. These burgers are easy to make and come together in no time, making them a perfect choice for a quick and delicious meal. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic burger or looking to try something new, smash burgers are a go-to recipe that won’t disappoint. Give this recipe a try and experience the mouth-watering flavors of a juicy, flavorful burger in just a matter of minutes!
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef (80/20)
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 4 Leaves Butter Lettuce
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste 😀
- Divide the ground beef evenly into 3-ounce portions and form into balls. Cover and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice the tomato, wash the lettuce, and prepare any other ingredients that you would like on your hamburger.
- Butter both sides of each bun. Toast the inside of each bun on a griddle or skillet for about 30 seconds or under golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat your griddle or cast iron skillet to 400° Farhenheit.
- Place 2 balls of beef on the hot griddle. You can cook all of the hamburgers at the same time if your griddle will fit them all. Just work quickly because the meat cooks fast.
- Press the ball of meat down with a large flat metal spatula. Get the patty as flat and thin as you can. You’ll be doubling up the patties, so don’t be nervous about a thin patty. It helps to cover the meat with a piece of parchment paper to prevent the meat from sticking to the spatula.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip both patties with a metal spatula making sure to scrape up the crusty layer that has formed on the burger underneath.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of one of the patties.
- Cook for 2 more minutes. Once the meat is cooked through, place the patty without cheese on top of the patty with cheese. The melted cheese will be sandwiched between both patties.
- Prepare your hamburger by taking the bottom toasted bun and layering on your favorite condiments, followed by tomato, onion, and lettuce.
- Lastly, place your smashed burger on top of the layered vegetables. The meat will help keep everything from sliding out when you eat it! Top it with the other half of your toasted bun and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and experience the exceptional taste and delicate texture of SMASH BURGERS!