Get ready to enjoy a GRINCH COOKIES that will make your day extra special!
Grinch Cookies are a festive and fun twist on a classic chocolate chip cookie for the holiday season. inspired by the famous character from Dr. Seuss’s classic story, these soft and chewy cookies are colored Grinch-green and decorated with green and red. and bring a smile to everyone’s face.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 drops bright green food coloring, more if you want it greener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup red and green M&Ms plus additional ½ cup for topping cookies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until well-combined and light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract and food coloring, until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Set mixer to low speed and gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Add ingredients and stir until well-incorporated.
- Fold in M&M candies keeping a few out to press on top of the cookies before baking.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ Tbsp-sized scoops onto prepared cookie sheets, for perfectly round cookies roll dough in your hands into a smooth ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes. If desired, gently press additional M&Ms into the tops of each cookie for decoration while they are still warm.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before removing.